Many non-alphanumeric characters are ignored when creating patron barcodes
- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Non-alphanumeric characters are ignored when the barcode is saved in the database, without any warning or error
* Some non-alphanumeric characters do work including: "#^&+~`".
Issue VYG-6178 is resolved for Voyager 9.2.0 and higher.
1. In Circulation create a patron and assign a barcode that includes a non-alphanumeric character ( e.g. !@$%*() ).
2. Save and close the patron record and find the patron again using the barcode.
3. Observe that the barcode has the non-alphanumerics, stripped out.
4. Delete the barcode and create a new barcode consisting entirely of non-alphanumerics.
5. Close circulation and search for the fully non-alphanumeric barcode.
6. Note that the patron is not found.
Avoid using non-alphanumeric characters in patron barcodes.
Category: Batch jobs