- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: all
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
When you attempt to check out a non-circulating item that is in a status of In Transit or In Transit Discharged, you'll see both an 'Item does not circulate' and an 'Item is marked In Transit. Item will be discharged to cancel in transit before charging out to this patron.' block. When you click Override, the item is charged to the patron without providing the Enter Due Date pop-up box, instead assigning a due date based on whatever loan period is in the matrix (in many cases, as this matrix is set up as non-circulating, this is 0 days, which means the due date is the next open calendar date).
Issue VYG-7966 is with Development.
1.Find or create a non-circulating item (in SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Policy that contains the location of the item>Matrix for the patron group/item type in question, make sure the Charge/Renew option is unchecked).
2. To give the item In Transit Discharged status, discharge the item (though it is not charged yet) while logged into a Circ Happening Location that does not belong to this item's Circ Policy.
3. Log into Circulation at a Circ Happening Location that does belong to this item's Circ Policy.
4. Bring up a patron that this item won't circulate to, based on the Matrix from step 1.
5. Charge item to patron – you'll see that after you override the blocks, you don't get the Enter Due Date box to manually supply a due date; rather, the system assigns a due date automatically based on the loan period set in the Matrix.
Can set a more meaningful loan period in the Matrix; can discharge/recharge the item; can manually update the Due Date through the Charged Items index in the patron record.
- Article last edited: 02-Mar-2022