- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.4
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-8370 / VYG-4438
Module(s): Tomcat opac
Server platform(s) affected: all
PC OS (if applicable): n/a
Browser & version (if applicable): n/a
Release(s) replicated in: 7.0.4, 7.1.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): n/a
Expected results: URL containing a searchId from an expired session should “fail gracefully”, and inform the user that the session has expired, or ignore the searchId and return the bib record anyway.
Actual results: When a URL that contains a searchID is used after the session has expired it generates a WebVoyage Error.
Workflow implications: Causes confusion for users.
1. Do a “subject begins with” basic search for something.
2. Select one of the returned subjects.
3. Select one of the returned items.
4. Copy the URL from the address bar of the browser and close the browser, to simulate session timeout (by creating another session).
5. Open a new browser and paste in the copied URL. It will fail.
6. If you remove the SearchID from the URL, it works as expected.
Workaround: Remove SearchID from the URL.
- Article last edited: 3/18/2015