- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Is there an option to specify how long Reporter retains archived files?
Reporter does not have a setting for retaining files - the files are retained until an operator intervenes and makes a decision about continuing to retain the files.
Notices and reports processed through Reporter are kept in two places (potentially):
* Batch jobs write to files in this directory, and Reporter processes these files, formatting the data into notices & reports.
* These files remain in this directory on the Voyager server until an operator takes a specific action to move or remove the file. (It is good practice to clear old files from /rpt periodically.)
2) In a selected archive directory on the operator's PC (optional)
* If the operator has elected to archive files in a directory on his/her PC, the data is written to a file in the specified directory.
* Files remains in directory until the operator takes a specific action to move or remove the file.
Clearing disk space on the Voyager server (Best practices for freeing disk space on server; includes notes on clearing space in /m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt)