- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Data type for BIB_ID in newer tables is number but is text in older tables in Access Prepackaged Reports
* Cannot join tables on BIB_ID with disparate data types
VYG-5085 is resolved in Voyager 9.0.0 and higher.
1. Pointing to 8.2.x database, relink tables in Prepackaged Reports.
2. Right-click on BIB_DATA and select Design View to see data types for each field.
3. Note BIB_ID data type is Text.
4. Repeat step 2 for BIB_CARRIER; note BIB_ID data type is Number.
Convert number to text or vice versa within query to join tables on BIB_ID.
convert text to number
(val(BIB_DATA.BIB_ID)) = BIB_CARRIER.BIB_ID
convert number to string
BIB_DATA.BIB_ID = (str(BIB_CARRIER.BIB_ID))
Category: Prepackaged Rpts
- Article last edited: 3/18/2014