Phantom serials issues appear in OPAC, but not Acquisitions
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.5
- Phantom serials issues appear in WebVoyage that do not display in Acquisitions
- Checked in serials issues (set to display in OPAC) appear in WebVoyage, regardless of line item's intended location
- Checked in issues appear in Acquisitions only for line item's current intended location
- Operators cannot locate older serials check-in history that is set to not display in OPAC
Issue VYG-4125 is currently in Development.
- For a component linked to a line item that has intended location A, check in several issues, keeping them set to display in OPAC - these issues will display in WebVoyage.
- Change the intended location of the line item to location B (on PO > select line item > Detailed Line Item > Copies/Funds tab)
- Note the message stating that making changes to the intended location will cause a loss of receipt history.
- Click OK
- Highlight the copy > click Edit.
- Select new intended location > Save.
- Go back to the component and go to the check-in history - note that no history is there until you begin checking in issues on this new intended location.
- Check WebVoyage, and note that issues for both locations display.
Check-in history for the old intended location can still be accessed, so the OPAC Suppress flag can be changed.
- Edit the line item to change the intended location to the previous location; save.
- Go to Serials history and change the OPAC Suppress flag
- Edit the line item again to reset the intended location
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013