- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.1
Subject headings keyword searches do not return results for subject headings with a second indicator 7 (other/source specified in $2)
Issue 16384-13329 / VYG-4498 is currently in Development.
- Cataloging > Search > Index Selection > Find > Staff (or OPAC) Subject Headings Search
- Search for a term (example: Cataloging)
- Find LC or MeSH heading with a bib attached (example: Cataloging of rare books).
- Repeat search using Search > Index Selection > Keyword > Staff (or OPAC) Subject Headings Search.
- Notice that the term you found in step 3 is returned as a result.
- Open the bib record and change the subject heading’s 2nd indicator to 7; add a subfield 2 with a thesaurus code (it doesn’t matter if it is valid in Voyager (i.e., gtt) or not (i.e., local).
- If you look in the Heading table, you’ll see this heading stored there.
- Save the record. Repeat the previous 2 searches. The new heading is found and returned in the results (and displays the correct heading type) when using Find. And the heading is not returned when searched as headings Keyword.
None. Operators can find bib records with subject keywords using subject keyword searching/SKEY on the bib records, but cannot keyword search headings with a type of Other/Source specified in subfield $2.
- Article last edited: 05-Mar-2015