- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
MFHD records created using the ESIP Create Bib Record request (message 81) do not include MARC 004 fields (Voyager BIB ID for the related Bib record)
Issue 16384-12145 is resolved for Voyager 8.2.1 and higher.
- Be sure that the Enhanced flag is set to Y in the SelfCheck System Status (99) message.
- Send a Create Bib Record Request (81)
- No 004 will be in the mfhd.
Impacted records can be identified using Global Data Change (GDC):
- Use GDC to run a Scan Job on the database. You will need 2 rules in 1 Scan Rule Set:
- Rule 1
- Condition: MARC Control Field Exists: Field 001
- Consequence: Include
- Rule 2
- Condition: MARC Control Field Exists: Field 004
- Consequence: Exclude
- Rule 1
- Run the job on all MFHDS in the entire database to capture all impacted records.
To repair the records:
- In Cataloging, open impacted MFHD record.
- Record > Re-link holdings to bibliographic ...
- Enter bib_id for same bib_record
- Click OK - generates 004 for correct bib in mfhd
OR, if large number of records impacted by this issue, contact Support for assistance.
Article last edited: 03-Aug-2017