- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 6.5.3
Desired Outcome Goal:
Test sendmail on Voyager server
1. Log into Voyager server as the Voyager user.
2. At the command prompt, type the following:
mailx -v firstname.lastname@example.org
where email@example.com is your email address.
3. Press enter
4. You will be prompted for an email subject. Type your subject followed by a period and press enter.
Subject: Test .
5. You should now see the communication of the mailservers. Check your email account.
6. If you see nothing happen at all, wait a few minutes and you should eventually see an error message of some kind, like 'connection timed out', 'user unknown' or 'nameserver timed out', etc.
This usually means mail is not getting out of the server to your account.
Let Support know about these messages if you have an incident opened with us.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013