- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
* Tomcat not running for xxxdb on server
* When attempt to start process, message:
"Tomcat appears to still be running with PID NNNNN. Start aborted."
A stale PID file failed to clear and is now preventing startup.
Remove the PID file & start tomcat:
1. Connect to the server & move to the tomcat directory for your database instance: cd /m1/voyager/xxxdb/tomcat
2. List the files in the directory: ls -l
a. Look in the catalina.pid file; note that the PID in the file matches the PID mentioned in the message.
b. Confirm that the process does not match any running tomcat process.
3. Remove the file: rm -i catalina.pid
4. Confirm you referenced the correct file for deletion and that you do wish to delete the file when prompted.
5. Start tomcat: ./tsvrctl start
Related article, "How to Properly Restart Apache and Tomcat"
- Article last edited: 5/29/2014