- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
- Tomcat not running for xxxdb on server
- When attempt to start process, message:
Tomcat appears to still be running with PID NNNNN. Start aborted.
A stale PID file failed to clear and is now preventing startup.
Remove the PID file & start tomcat:
- Connect to the server & move to the tomcat directory for your database instance: cd /m1/voyager/xxxdb/tomcat
- List the files in the directory: ls -l
- Look in the catalina.pid file; note that the PID in the file matches the PID mentioned in the message.
- Confirm that the process does not match any running tomcat process.
- Remove the file: rm -i catalina.pid
- Confirm you referenced the correct file for deletion and that you do wish to delete the file when prompted.
- Start tomcat: ./tsvrctl start
Related article, How to Properly Restart Apache and Tomcat
- Article last edited: 29-May-2014