- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Overview of using Offline Circulation during a Voyager upgrade.
- Use Offline Circulation during a Voyager upgrade when the circulation desk is open to charge and renew materials. Do not use it to discharge items. You may not want to use Offline Circulation for short-term use such as Reserves (because it can't be used for discharges).
- Details on using Offline Circulation can be found in the Circulation User's Guide.
- Note that error-checking of patron and item barcodes is not available in Offline Circulation. It will accept any barcode that is scanned or typed in, even if (for example) the patron is blocked or the item is non-circulating.
During a Voyager upgrade:
- The Offline Circulation option displays when the client is opened and Voyager is not available.
- Capture files are stored in c:\voyager\circulation\offline
- Capture files are not version specific. Files from one version of the software are inter-operable with other versions of the software.
- REMEMBER: Copy any Offline Circulation files to a safe location before the new clients are installed on the PC!
- After the upgrade is complete, and you are ready to process the Offline Circulation data, move the capture files into the new version's Circulation\Offline folder.
- At first login to Circulation, the system will inform you that you have charge transactions from previous offline sessions.
- Follow the screen instructions to upload the capture files.
- For each capture file created on the computer, a report will be generated. Check this file for errors.
During this time you will have a backload of discharge materials that were returned when Voyager was down. You may want to backdate the discharges to the start of the downtime.
- Article last edited: 04-Jun-2020