- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
- When a client module is run, the log in prompt is never presented, and the user is shown "Unknown Error - - 10053"
- Oracle alert logs display multiple instances of error: "ORA-04031: unable to allocate x bytes of shared memory"
- The corresponding application on the server for the client being run is unable to establish a connection with Oracle.
- Restart the Voyager application server.
- If after restarting, the issue persists or quickly recurs, submit a case to Voyager support.
- The most common reason for this issue to occur is if the number of open Oracle connections exceeds the maximum number allowed in your installation, thus preventing the creation of new connections.
- This often occurs when the Voyager server has a long uptime ( greater than aproximately 30 days) restarting the Voyager may resolve this issue. Restarting Voyager weekly is recommended.
- This Error can also occur if Acquisitions access has been disabled during Fiscal Period Close
- If restarting voyager fails to resolve or prevent this issue, there are several other possible causes which can be identified and resolved by Voyager support.