- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-10498
Server platform(s) affected: All
PC OS (if applicable): n/a
Browser & version (if applicable): All
Release(s) replicated in: 7.1.0 – 7.2.1 (most recent)
Last version without bug (if applicable): 7.0.4
Expected results: When patrons search and add items to My List, they should be able to return to their search results and continue paging through them.
If patrons search and are prompted to log in when adding items to My List, they will only ever see their initial search results list -- though the number next to each record changes as you go from page to page, the record titles all match that of your initial search results page.
This only happens if the patron is not already logged in to WebVoyage before searching.
Workflow implications: If patrons do not log into WebVoyage before beginning their session, they will have to repeat the search after logging in to see the rest of the results after adding some to My List.
1. Open WebVoyage and navigate to a search page. Do not log in.
2. Perform a search that returns multiple pages of results (i.e., ‘cats’).
3. Select a few records from a results page and click “Add to List.”
4. Log in when prompted.
5. WebVoyage returns you to the search results with the message “The selected records have been added to your list” at the top of the page.
6. Navigate to the next page of results.
7. You will see the same records that were on the initial results list page, though the record numbers will increase.
Workaround: Patrons can log in before searching, or repeat the search after logging in.
Fixed in WebVoyage for 8.2.0.
- Article last edited: 3/6/2015