- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
What do the *, | and ^ ( '*', '%7C', and '%5E' respectively in URL's) indicate in Voyager search codes?
* Voyager uses the characters *, |, and ^ to indicate the type of search that is being performed and appear after the name of the index to be searched. (e.g. GKEY|*)
* An '*' after the index indicates that the search should be ranked using relevance scores.
* A '|' indicates that keywords should be searched together using an OR operator.
* A '^' indicates that keywords should be searched together using tn AND operator.
* Omitting either '|' or '^' from the search code will result in a phrase search.
For a complete description, see the internal documentation for Search Codes in the "Search Basic" section of the webvoyage.properties file found here:
- Article last edited: 10/24/2019