- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
What factors influence BulkImport speed?
Import speeds are influenced by a number of factors related to the machine, disks, load, etc., including
1) Processor speed
2) Number of processors
3) Number of processes running on the server at time of import
5) Starting size of the dynamic.dc
6) Number of unique words currently in database (static.dc and dynamic.dc files); fewer unique records means more time to update dynamic.dc
7) Number of new unique words in the import file; adding new words to dictionary means more time to update dynamic.dc.
8) Number of new records vs replace records in the import file: Replaces take longer because it must find and match records, delete old record, insert new vs. search for match, don't find it, insert new.
9) Number of match fields for replace (in Sysadmin, Bib Duplicate Detection Profile). The more fields to check, the slower the process.
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013