- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 6.5.3
What is the hierarchy for matching in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
The order of priority for matching is:
- Voyager Line Item ID
- supplier's subscription ID
- ISSN or ISBN (possibly restricted by PO number)
- Vendor title number (possibly restricted by PO number)
- accept the line as "unmatched" and wait for the user to match it by hand
Voyager looks for the following combinations of codes in the following order of priorities:
- RFF (segment 48) with "SNL" or "LI" in DE 1153: tries to interpret DE 1154 as a Voyager order line ID (all Voyager order line IDs begin with "VLI") and make the link directly to the order line)
- RFF (segment 48) with "SNA", "SNP" or "SLI" in DE 1153: tries to interpret DE 1154 as the supplier's subscription identifier
- looks for a match to DE 1153 in the "vendor reference number" field of the Voyager line item, AND for a match to DE 1153 in the "vendor reference qualifier" field
- if it finds a match to both, links invoice line to order line
- PIA segment specifying an ISSN or ISBN: Voyager looks for all order lines for that particular item
- If RFF segment specifying "ON" in DE 1153, and the value in DE 1154 matches an existing Voyager Purchase Order number, then the search is restricted to the specific order
- otherwise all orders are searched; if one order line is found for the item, the invoice line is linked to it.
- PIA segment specifies "SA" in DE 7143: Voyager attempts to match the value in DE 7140 to the "vendor title number" field on one of the order lines
- if an "RFF+ON" is present, the search can be restricted to the lines of one particular order.
- None of the above searches works, or if they match to more than one order line: the line is accepted as part of the invoice, but it is flagged as unmatched. The user is forced to manually link this line to a purchase order line before either
- doing something to the "unmatched" line, OR
- approving the invoice.
- Article last edited: 24-Apr-2014