When Voyager server IP address is changed, which files must be updated?
How to change the IP address of a Voyager server, including which need to be updated, and how to search for all references to the old IP address on the server.
When the IP address of a Voyager server is changed, which files need to be updated with the new IP address?
Files which may require updating if the Voyager Server IP is changed are listed below. Some files may not exist on some systems, and can therefore be ignored.
Voyager (where XXXdb is the Voyager Database Instance)
- /m1/voyager/XXXdb/etc/ascopac/opac.ini file
There may be additional files on the system which will need to be updated. Most often these will include:
- Custom WebVoyage skin files, help pages, or landing pages
- Third party software configurations
- Custom scripts
To aid in finding such files the following commands will locate files that contain IP information:
- grep -rl "<ip address>" ./*
- find . -type f -print | xargs grep <ip address>
- find . -type f -print | xargs grep -l <ip address>
Update the DNS server with the new IP address. A and PTR records should be updated to allow for both lookup and reverse lookup.
Article last edited: 19-Apr-2016