- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.1.1
* Using bi-directional merge or merge to add 852 to bib records
* Existing 852 field copied to new mfhd, instead of new 852 field.
BulkImport will use the first 852 field it finds in the bib record, regardless of whether it was in the record originally or was added during an import process.
This is working as designed. In the log.imp* file, you will note the following is logged:
"Multiple 852 fields found in bibliographic record - only first one is used while creating MFHD."
If all records will have mfhd in same location:
1. Uncheck "Copy 852-855, 863-878 Fields from Bib to MFHD" in System Administration > Cataloging > Bulk Import Rules > Rules.
2. Specify Location field/subfield in Rules tab.
3. Set default line to map to same location and call number hierarchy for all values in the Mapping tab.
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013