App Center is used by ExLibris campusM to distribute iOS and Android Sandbox releases to app Sandbox testers.
To become a Sandbox tester for an app, you must receive an invitation to test a specific app.
iOS App Center Sandbox Testers
To become an iOS Sandbox tester:
- Register your iOS device with App Center—for example, by opening https://appcenter.ms/sign-in on the device. For detailed information about registering iOS devices, see Testing iOS Apps.
- A notification is sent to Ex Libris that a new device has been registered.
- Ex Libris provisions the app for the new device.
- You receive a notification confirming the app is available for download.
iOS Sandbox releases are available for download within 5 business days of a new device being registered. If you do not receive a notification in this time after registering a new device, contact Ex Libris.
- Download and install the app.
The maximum number of each device type that you can register per membership year is:
- Apple TV: 100
- Apple Watch: 100
- iPad: 100
- iPhone: 100
- iPod Touch: 100
Android App Center Sandbox Testers
Android does not require Sandbox releases to be provisioned for specific devices. Testers can install Android Sandbox releases on their device immediately, without having to wait for Ex Libris to make any changes. Note that there is an unknown source restriction enabled by default on Android devices, which can easily be disabled under the device's security settings. For more information about installing Android Sandbox apps, see Testing Android Apps.
Although it is not required, it is recommended that all Android testers register their devices with App Center, as this makes troubleshooting easier if any issues are identified with a release. In addition, the App Center Android app, provided when registering an Android device, makes managing releases much easier. You can register your Android device with App Center by opening https://appcenter.ms/sign-in using the device’s mobile browser.
For more information on App Center - view the FAQ.