360 Core: Adding Custom URLs to Journal Holdings
- Product: 360 Core Client Center
How can I add custom URLs to my journal holdings?
Serials Solutions keeps default URLs on file for the majority of full-text electronic journal holdings; however, the actual URL your patrons select to access a journal may be somewhat different, often containing embedded usernames and passwords or other library-specific identifiers provided by the database vendors or publishers. In addition, there are cases where no default URL exists in our system, so adding your own custom URL is recommended.
A custom URL for a journal will override the default URL maintained by Serials Solutions, enabling your patrons more direct access to your library's subscribed titles, through the Serials Solutions' discovery tools to which your library subscribes, including the E-Journal Portal, 360 Link, 360 Search, and the Summon service.
Customize URLs for Journals
- In the Client Center, on the Data Management page, click on the name of the database.
- On the Database Details page, click on Journals under Titles on the left side.
- Locate the journal holding by either conducting a Filter By search or utilizing the forward arrows to go to the page with the journal holding you are editing custom coverage dates:
- Select the journal holding link beneath the title column.
- Click Edit in the upper-right side.
- Enter your custom URL for the journal in the Custom URL field:
- Click Save.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7047