360 Core: Custom Coverage Dates for Journal Holdings
- Product: 360 Core Client Center
How can I add custom dates to journal holdings?
Adding custom coverage dates at the journal-holding level means that only that specific journal will have the coverage dates that you enter. Custom journal holding dates override coverage dates set at the database level if they fall within those database coverage dates.
You might need to edit dates for individual titles when you have purchased those titles individually, not as part of a database package. When your coverage is different from our default coverage in the 360 KB knowledgebase, you have the option to designate your custom coverage dates. Please note that when you have customized the dates for a title, you will not receive our updates for that title because your customizations override our defaults.
Valid Date Formats and Custom Coverage Dates for Databases are two other useful resources for setting custom coverage information.
If you have many custom dates to add or change, you'll probably find it easier to use the Offline Date and Status Editor.
If you have received information from the provider saying that the coverage dates for a title or titles have changed for all subscribers, please send us that information through the Support Portal option menu near the top of this page, so that we can update the default dates in the 360 KB knowledgebase.
Customizing Dates for Individual Journals
- Click on the appropriate database from the Data Management Home page.
- On the Database Details screen, click on Journals under Titles on the left side.
- If you want to customize coverage dates for more than one journal, skip down to Customizing Dates for Multiple Journals, below. Otherwise, continue with these instructions.
- Locate the journal holding by either conducting a Filter By search or utilizing the forward arrows to go to the page with the journal holding you are editing custom coverage dates.
- Select the Journal holding link beneath the title column
- Click Edit in the upper-right side.
- Make your edits to the Custom Coverage From and Custom Coverage Date To fields and click Save to accept your changes:
Customizing Dates for Multiple Journals
On the Database Details screen, after you click on Journals under Titles from the left-hand navigation tree, use the forward arrows to go to the page with the journal holdings you are editing custom coverage dates:
In the upper-right corner, click Customize Dates. On the following screen, you can edit any dates as desired:
When you're done, click Save.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 20-May-2016
- Old Article Number: 7072