- Product: 360 Core
What does my library need to do when adding a ProQuest Ebook Central database?
In order to ensure that patrons can access ebook content from your A-to-Z list, Summon, 360 Link, etc., use the following steps:
- Search by provider, ProQuest Ebooks, to find your desired database.
- Navigate to the Database Details page for the database.
- Click on Edit.
- In the Custom URL field, enter the custom URL you use to access the database using all lower-case letters. For example, your library's URL will be http:
/ /ebookcentral.proquest.com /lib /xxxxxxxxxx, where "xxxxxx" will be substituted by your library's Site ID for ProQuest Ebooks.
- Do not include a trailing slash in this URL (for example, http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/xxxxxx/ is incorrect).
- If the link is incorrect, then that will break the direct linking in Summon.
5. Check the Display In checkboxes for all of the services in which you want the database to appear.
6. Click on Save.
7. Contact Support using the Support Portal to request setting up title-level links. In your request, please include the following:
- Database name
- Your ProQuest Ebook Central Custom URL