- Product: 360 Link
Why isn't article-level linking available for the Freely Accessible and Single Journals databases?
Due to the multiple provider platforms represented in these databases we are unable to provide article-level linking syntax. In order to know beyond a reasonable doubt that we are providing links to the proper platforms, we would have to maintain linking rules for thousands of individual titles, which is unfeasible.
- When tracking titles in the Freely Accessible and Single Journals databases, add a public note to set expectations for patrons that article-level linking is not available and direct them to browse through titles manually.
- To obtain article-level linking, consider tracking the title in a database from a major provider instead, if possible.
- 360 Link: Linking to Full Text: OpenURL, Linkers, and IEDL (Index-Enhanced Direct Linking)
- 360 KB: Freely Accessible Journal Databases FAQ
- Article last edited: 19-Jul-2017