Skip to main content
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Browse gets "server failed to execute request after 60 seconds" & ue_01 slow

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 18.01

    Browse index cannot be searched in the Gui/WEB clients, all Browses get "server failed to execute request after 60 seconds" or "Page can not be displayed".

    The z01 and z02 records/oracle indexes have been created correctly. Both oracle tables/indexes look correct in util a/17/14

    In the web opac: click on 'Browse' and enter any heading in the Title search. The WEB page expires and a www log shows "check_timeout: network connection timeout".
    The same problem is in the Gui Catalog.

    I found (looking at $data_scratch/run_e_01.nnnn) that ue_01 was also very slow (more than 2 minutes per record). I suspected that some index look-up step was very slow.

    The indexes uniquely involved in the Browse are z01, z02, z0101, and z0102.

    Checking with util a/17/14, I found that the Oracle indexes for the z0101 were missing and (in $alephe_scratch) that p_manage_35 had failed.

    I tried doing util a/17/2 to build them, but got the Resource Busy message. It's possible that this could be worked around, but since p_manage_35 had failed -- and since there were no logs for the job in $data_scratch indicating what had actually happened -- I did util a/17/1 to drop/create the z0101. After doing this, the Browse started working (--lacking, of course, the Brief Records for subsorting of titles for prolific authors -- the z0101). p_manage_35 will need to be re-run successfully in order to get this function.

    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013