- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
The v18 ACQ index doesn't work / sort. For certain filter combinations we get:
Remote server error 0509 98: "server failed to execute request after 60 seconds"
One such combination is: "index ON, sublib. CCARC, order status SV, dates from 01/01/2008 till 07/15/2008, order type M"
I find (with UTIL-A-17-14) that both the z79_id and z79_id1 Oracle indexes are present and valid.
But none of the z79 filter elements have Oracle indexes. The system wants to retrieve 20 orders, to initially fill the results screen. When there are more than 20 results, it displays the first 20; when you click the down arrow in the index list, it retrieves the next 20.
I find (with SQL) that the combination of: "index ON, sublib. CCARC, order status SV, dates from 01/01/2008 till 07/15/2008, order type M" retrieves 8 orders. Thus, it needs to look through *all* of the z79s in order to fill the screen. (You have 6,726,511 z79's.) This SQL takes almost 2 minutes.
Referring to KB 8192-485, I suggest that you change:
setenv PC_SERVER_TIMEOUT 60
setenv PC_SERVER_TIMEOUT 120
and restart the pc_server.
If you find that the response length is unacceptable, you could build an Oracle index on the Z79_FILTER_2 (the sublibrary filter), which, since you have 52 different sublibraries, is the filter which affects the search the most.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013