- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18 and up
For some records the availability is shown as "Check_holdings". Why?
There are several reasons for an AVA field to return with "check_holdings":
(1) Non-suppressed HOL record has no item and no field 856$$u
(2) Record has more items than defined in xxx01/tab/tab_expand with parameter expand_doc_bib_avail "Threshold"
(3) Record has some items with item_process_status (which automatically assigns the status as "Unavailable) and some items without item_process_status, ergo the statement is "check_holdings"
(4) This is the case in all "son" record items, regardless if there are items on loan or not (ONLY valid for Aleph 18).
This behavior is corrected with rep_change 002271 in Aleph 18
Description: Expand routine expand_doc_bib_avail - "AVA" fields are not created for BIB records having "LKR" field of type "ITM", if the ADM record referenced by the "ITM" link is not connected to the BIB record. This has been corrected.
In ./[BIB_Library]/tab/tab_expand, replace expand_doc_bib_avail with expand_doc_bib_avail2.
Category: Interoperability (500)
- Article last edited: 02-June-2016