Actions in update_bor
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
The x-server documentation for update_bor refers to actions of X, U, I, D and A but does not define them. Can you clarify the difference please?
Internally the X-service update_bor is using the same routines as PLIF (p_file_20). Therefore please refer to "How to Use the Patron Loader Interface (PLIF) (file-20) - 20.pdf", p. 7 for an explanation:
Each section above has an action associated with it. When an action is sent to the
p_file_20 job, the data in ALEPH in handled according to the associated section.
• A – Update if a match is found, and if a match is not found, add a new record with
the same information. (Combination of I and U) This is the most common action.
• U – Update all fields in input record. If a record is sent with a U and there is no
existing record, an error is reported.
• I – Insert the record. If the record exists already, the insert fails and the record not
• D – Delete the section of the record.
• X – Do nothing
- Article last edited: 06-Apr-2016