- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
The distribution of Service Pack is moving to MFT (Managed File Transfer). Ex Libris MFT provides a secure and reliable file transfer infrastructure to support the different Ex Libris products.
In Aleph 23.3 - the util SP is updated to use the Ex Libris MFT servers with SFTP, instead of old FTP servers.
Please note that these updates are included in the Aleph Service Packs, as Mandatory AIN.
* Aleph 23 - Minor Release 3 - SP 23.3.0 - rep_change #004021
The old FTP servers will be switched of in Q1/2020.
If you do not have the chance to install the Minor Relase before the old ftp servers are switched off, you can used the attached file "aleph23_mft_patch.tar" to implement the new MFT mechanism.
- Download the 'aleph23_mft_patch.tar' file to Aleph 23 server (you can use your $HOME directory).
- Extract by:
tar -xvf aleph23_mft_patch.tar
- Run the installation script:
csh -f aleph23_mft_patch_install.csh
The file - 'aleph23_mft_patch.tar' is the complete patch. It contains the following files:
- aleph_23_sp_mft : SSH Key file.
- aleph_23_sp_mft.pub : SSH Key file, public key.
- aleph23_mft_patch_file_list.txt : List of included 'util SP' files - to update - under aleph_dev.
- aleph23_mft_patch_files.tar.gz : a tar gzipped package of 'util SP' files - to update - under aleph_dev.
- aleph23_mft_patch_install.csh : a CSH script that invokes the installation of all the updates delivered here.
- aleph23_mft_patch_script_00.pl : installing updates - 1st part - update the util SP files.
- aleph23_mft_patch_script_01.pl : installing updates - 2nd part - correct the configuration in the sp.config file.
- aleph23_mft_patch_script_02.pl : installing updates - 3ed part - put SSH key files under /exlibris/aleph/.ssh/ and set needed privileges.
Consult article Aleph 22 MFT patch for version 22
Note: port 10022 needs to be open for outgoing access to the Ex Libris MFT servers in order to enable the new mechanism.
Please use attached aleph23_mft_patch.tar for installation.
- Article last edited: 12-Oct-2019