- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
After upgrading the Operating System to RHEL 7 from RHEL 6 the Aleph 23 system is no longer accessible.
The following errors may be seen in this situation:
- In GUI: "Communication error (Global -7) - Failed to read reply."
- Execution error of batch services such as publishing
Execution error : file '/exlibris/aleph/a23_1/aleph/exe/ue_21_a.gnt' error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0
114 Attempt to access item beyond bounds of memory (Signal 11)
1. Re-install Cobol license as discussed in article 'How to reinstall the licenses of the COBOL environment for Aleph'
2. Fix libxml
As soon as the Cobol license is correctly installed:
a. Remove currently installed libxml
mv /exlibris/product/libxml2-2.9.2 /exlibris/product/libxml2-2.9.2.bak
remove any package that MAY have been downloaded,
note – this step sometimes returns an error as there is nothing to delete :
rm -f /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/libxml2-2.9.2*
the error you may see :
rm: No match.
b. Use Util SP to Download and install ThirdParty tools. See document 'The Aleph Service Pack Mechanism - sp 23', chapter 9 'Downloading and Installing Third-Party Product Updates'
c. check again, that the Cobol license installation is still intact and the following does not give any error message:
util y/11/1 Main license file
d. Restart the PC server (util w/3/3)
Related information can be found in the attachment 'Operating System Upgrade'
General document 'Operating System Upgrade'
- Article last edited: 13-Jul-2020