- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How is Item availability retrieved from Z39_server?
- The Z39.50 OPAC format has an "availableNow" variable. "1" means "available / not on loan", "0" means "not available / currently on loan".
- AVA field created by expand_doc_bib_avail expand routine has available/unavailable information based on items and holdings data. Created per Collection.
- Add expand_doc_bib_avail program to routine Z39_SERVER in ./xxx01/tab/tab_expand.
- Add AVA field to ./xxx01/tab/tab04.
For an explanation of the expand_doc_bib_avail program, refer to the "Aleph Publishing Mechanism" document (attached).
Also, see article: How to display Item information in z39 server. It does not have availability information, but has a good example for tab04 setting for z39.50.
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016