- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 22
In upgrading from Aleph 20 to Aleph 22, does a "clone database and upgrade it to Oracle 188.8.131.52" step need to occur?
No. The Aleph Installation Kit creates the Oracle 184.108.40.206 database and Upgrade Express converts the Oracle tables to 220.127.116.11 format. The following are the normal steps in the upgrade:
1. the v22 AIK installs an Oracle 18.104.22.168 instance and an Aleph 22 on the v22 server;
2. the v21-22 Upgrade Express kit is installed on the v20 server and the Export Customer data (using the Oracle Data Pump) is run to export the datafiles
3. the v21-22 Upgrade Express kit is installed on the v22 server and the Install Customer data (using the Oracle Data Pump) is run to import the datafiles from step 2
4. the v20-21 Upgrade Express kit is installed on the v22 server and the "Run Upgrade Express" 20-21 is run
5. the "Run Upgrade Express" 21-22 is run on the v22 server
There is a mention of cloning in section 3.4 "Importing Demo Libraries" of the Ex Libris Documentation Center > Aleph > Technical Documentation > Upgrade Express > Version 21.01 to 22.01 >"Upgrade Express 21.01 to 22.01 User Guide".) But this is not the normal upgrade scenario.
- Article last edited: 3/13/2014