- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21, 22, 23
Why does non-available process status inserts STA=SUPPRESSED in BIB record?
In Aleph 19 Routine fix_doc_suppress was provided:
rep_ver #014261 (version 19):
Description: Automatic deletion of BIB
The system automatically identifies orphan BIB records upon item update or deletion, and manages their
suppression. The system identifies records which are no longer orphan, and removes their suppression status.
Orphan records are records for which no ADM information is attached, for example:
1. No items are attached, or none of the items are displayable in the OPAC.
2. No orders are attached
3. No subscriptions are attached
4. No links exist to other BIB or HOL records
5. Any other check_doc deletion check.
The "deletion" is performed by adding STA field to the BIB record with value "SUPPRESSED".
In order to activate the fix:
1. Add the following line to xxx01/tab/tab_fix
UE_01 fix_doc_suppress OL-DELETE
2. Add the following lines to check_doc
OL-DELETE check_doc_delete_lkr_no_ana *
3. The following two lines were added to $aleph_dev/error_eng/check_doc
0022 L Document has $3 item(s) attached to ADM record $1 in library $2 allowed for OPAC display.
0023 L ADM record has $1 item(s) attached allowed for OPAC display.
Routine is added to xxx01/tab/tab_fix and therefore records get status "SUPPRESSED" automatically.
* Note that this routine is needed for the check of BIB-BIB links.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Items (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013