- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
* The BIB and ADM system numbers are not synchronized
* It can happen when there are multiple BIB, course reserve, or ILL libraries sharing the same ADM library
* If the cataloger creates a second ADM record within the same ADM library
* Accidental deletion of an administrative record
1. Connect to xxx50 database
2. Edit util g/2
3. Enter sequence number the "last-doc-number"
4. Set the "last-doc-number" to a high number (such as, 8000000 or 9000000) so that the ADM records created for the other libraries (or extra adms accidentally created in the same library) will be given high numbers which will not conflict with the regular numbers being assigned.
5. If ADM records have already been created in the range the bib records would next be wanting to use, then the BIB last-doc-number will need to be increased as well.
"BIB and ADM system numbers out of synch."
"Automatic resetting of last-doc-number by system"
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Create / Edit records (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013