BIB and ADM system numbers out of synch
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
Does Aleph require that BIB and ADM sys numbers be aligned?
No, Aleph does not require that the BIB and ADM system numbers be aligned.
The system assigns an identification number, which is unique within each of the ADM, BIB, HOL, AUT, and so on, libraries. (The number is assigned using the library's last-doc-number" counter in util g/2)
When creating an ADM record, the system will try to assign it the same number as that of the BIB record to which it is linked.
If that number is already in use, then the system uses the util g/2 last-doc-number counter of the ADM library to assign a number.
Links to related articles:
* How can you tell if ADM keys are still in synch with BIB keys?
* BIB and ADM system numbers are not in synch: why and how they can be realigned
* Automatic resetting of last-doc-number by system
Category: System Management (500)
- Article last edited: 14-May-2016