- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
Browsing by system number us possible, but we cannot browse by BAR
It is not possible to Browse by Barcode.
In ver. 17 and higher the misleading line in pc_tab_sear.eng is removed.
Only full barcode can be searched using the Find option.
In order to search with wildcards or Browse by barcode, you need to index the barcode separately as a new direct index (not system's BAR index or any variation of BAR, for example BAR2).
Browsing by System number (SYS) is OK.
In order to set up direct index for item barcodes do as follows:
- Define "expand_doc_bib_z30" in the INDEX section of /usm01/tab/tab_expand
- Set up a new index for item barcodes in /usm01/tab/tab11_ind, for example:
Z30-1 LLL 5
Z30-2 LLL 5
Note: See explanation on virtual fields Z30-1 & Z30-2 in /usm01/tab/expand_doc_bib_z30
- Set up a new index for item barcodes in /usm01/tab/tab00.eng, for example:
H LLL IND 21 00 00 Barcode
- Restart Library Batch Queue via Util C/3 (stop) and C/2 (start)
- Run direct index p_manage_05 in USM01
barcode, BAR, browse,
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013