- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* Setup described below (see Additional Information) works well in the general xxx01PUB base, but, in the mini-bases (smaller logical bases), searching "??" in a Browse index, such as the AUT index, it times out. This is seen consistently in all of the mini-bases.
Lack of "scan_alpha" line in scan-include-2 files
* A workaround for v20 has been created: in ./www_f_lng, add the following line to each scan-include-2 file:
<input type="hidden" name="scan_alpha" value="L" />
A rep_change is being created for version 21.
This is the setup being used:
* CJK indexes set up similar to USM01, that is:
* headings containing subfield 9 with language code would go to the language-specific index and
* headings without subfield 9 would go to the general index.
Staff felt that would be confusing to patrons:
* The patrons would have to search the romanized heading in the general index and the language specific heading in the language specific index.
* For example, search "Hu Shi" in the AUT index and "??" in the AUTC index.
* Every entry in xxx01/tab/tab11_acc where the language specific indexes are created was changed, so that the original index would not filter out heading with subfield 9 containing language:
100## 9 chi AUTC -e4689
100## 9 jpn AUTJ -e4689
100## 9 kor AUTK -e4689
100## AUT -e4689
Category: Web OPAC (500)
Subject: Browse (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013