- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
Our call number / title index is not alphabetizing correctly. For example, a search of "News WWW" in a call number search brings back the following result:
1 NEWS WWW --- Times-Union.
1 NEWS WWW --- colored American
1 NEWS WWW --- Washington post.
1 NEWS WWW --- Los Angeles times.
1 NEWS WWW --- Boston globe.
1 NEWS WWW --- Frankfurter Allgemeine.
We see in tab00.eng that the call#/title index is the ACC index CTL:
H CTL ACC 27 00 00 UA Call number/Title
and in tab11_acc that it is indexing a virtual field "CALLC":
CALLC CTL atbcnp
and that the CALLC field is generated by expand_join (using tab_expand_join).
Using util f/4 for the alb01 z01:
Enter start point (CCCCCATTTTTTTT):
CTL Lnews www
we see that all of these "NEWS WWW" headings have the same z01_filing_text; the subfield $$t is omitted:
filing_text ...........news www 0
That's because the CTL index is using tab_filing routine 27 and routine 27 has this line:
27 get_subfields a
This means that only subfield a will be included in the filing text.
If you want the $$t to be included, you need to change this to
27 get_subfields at
(or omit the "get_subfields" line).
To correct this you can:
1. update tab_filing
2. restart ue_01 and the pc_server
3. send some records to the server to confirm that they get the correct CTL index entry
4. do a search to retrieve the record numbers of all the relevant doc records
5. use the set created in step 1 as input to p_manage_40 (which will generate a z07 indexing request for each record).
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013