Can file-20 Update A Patron's Expiry When The Address Is Protected?
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Is it possible for Patron Loader (file-20) to update a patron record, including expiration date, if the patron's address fields are protected?
• No, when the Z303-PLIF-MODIFICATION parameter in the Z303 Global Patron Information table is set to protect a patron’s address, it also prevents the modification of the z304 Patron Address record in entirety
• When the z304 record is protected, the parameters <z304-date-from> and </z304-date-to> cannot be updated
• The above principle also applies to protecting a patron’s Z304-EMAIL-ADDRESS
• In instances where only certain elements of a single patron’s records require modification, it is advisable to update those elements manually using the GUI client
Category: Circulation (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013