Client closes when we try to add HOL rec to a BIB record using "Create" button
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
The Cataloging client closes when we try to add an HOL rec to a BIB record using the "Create" button:
* Connect with the Cataloging client to the bib library
* Create a bib record or bring up an existing one in Cataloging
* Click on the "4. HOL Records" tab in the bottom frame
* Click "Create". You may get an "ALEPH Catalog has encountered an error" message and client crash at this point.
* If not, you will see that an HOL record is created.
* Click "Edit". You will get the "ALEPH Catalog has encountered an error" message and client crash.
If you restart the client and go into the bib record, you will find that you will be able to edit the HOL record.
The problem occurs only with HOL records created in GUI Cataloging *from the bib record*.
HOL records created by OCLC, by batch, or from an item record (via the "HOL Links" tab and "Create New HOL" button) do *not* have the problem.
This problem started occurring with v18 Service Pack 1222 (the September Service Pack).
This problem occurs when you have the v18 SP 1222 on the server, but do not have the SP 1222 version of the .\Catalog\bin\catalog.exe file on your pc.
The v18 SP 1222 catalog.exe file has a length of 4,112 KB.
If your catalog.exe is a different length, then you need to get the new file, either
via version_check (ALEPH --> Version Check) or
via ftp from the ./a18_1/aleph/pc_exe/sp_exe/catalog/bin/ directory on the server.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013