- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How can we control which functions/utilities are started when the server's rebooted?
The /exlibris/startup/init.dat file (called by the /exlibris/startup/start_stop procedure) determines what things are started on server reboot.
./init.dat typically has the following entries:
$alephe_root/aleph_startup calls $alephe_root/aleph_start. aleph_start (and aleph_start.private) determine which Aleph functions are started when aleph_startup is executed:
* the xxx_SERVER_PORT lines in aleph_start (and aleph_start.private) determine which servers/ports are started automatically
* the xxx_STARTUP_LIBS lines in aleph_start (and aleph_start.private) determine which libraries the batch queues, ue_01, etc. are automatically started in.
Note: The job daemon (util e/15) is started automatically because aleph_startup calls $aleph_proc/define_batch_daemons_server which sets VALID_FOR_BATCH = "Y".
See also the article " Starting multiple pc_servers automatically ".
- Article last edited: 9-Oct-2018