Create Read-Only User for Accessing Aleph Oracle Tables
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Desired Outcome Goal:
Create an Oracle user with read-only (SELECT) access to tables already associated with an existing user.
For example, if the bib library is XXX01, what is the proper way to create a new user 'XXX01_QRY' with permission to execute SELECT's against the tables associated with XXX01?
Are there read-only users in the standard version of the system?
1. create user SYS01_QRY identified by SYS01_QRY_PW;
2. grant CREATE SESSION to SYS01_QRY; (for oracle 10-up)
3. grant select any table to SYS01_QRY;
No read-only users are included in the as-delivered version of the system.
NOTE: an alternative to the above method is to use util w/5 to put Aleph in read-only mode. See the article "Putting Aleph in Read-Only Mode during cutover to new instance".
- Article last edited: 12-Mar-2016