Skip to main content
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Custom services permissions problems in version 19

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 19.01

    I am trying to create a Custom Service for the first time. I believe that I have followed the documentation and Mike Rogers' directions from ELUNA 2006. However, I am getting this permissions error:

    Unable to find correct permission for Proc-Name: P_CUSTOM_01.

    I did exit our test GUI client and stop and start the server.

    [From site -- Betsy Friesen, U. Minn.:]

    I got it to work. I figured this was a v.19 permissions thing, since I'd followed the v.16 doc and the Mike Rogers' v.17 ELUNA docs.

    I found v.18 docs in the How to from support section and figured this was closer than what I had. About 10 slides in, Yoel mentions that the www_b_eng line is no longer applicable. You need to use PRIV-S lines in the user_function_eng table and add a <permission> line to your XML. More information was found in the v.19 staff privileges doc, but the section was never referred to as 'custom services', so it doesn't come up when you search for the text.

    Christine Moulen responded to my query today, too, and mentioned she'd filed an SI about the docs and custom services not showing in the Task Manager Batch log. I'll be filing a 'me too' SI on those aspects. [KB 16384-9538]

    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013