- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 19.01
There is a 3-4 minute lag between the time an xxx30 doc record is created and the time it appears in the GUI Circ Course Doc List.
Qualifiers on XXX30 tab_base.lng, physical library base, entry.
1. Remove qualifiers from column 9 of ./alephe/tab/tab_base.lng for the xxx30 course reserve library.
Before: XXX30 XXX30 Course Reserve XXX30 XXXXX XXX30 N (wpe=Winter or Spring or Summer not wpe=NA)
After: XXX30 XXX30 Course Reserve XXX30 XXXXX XXX30 N
2. Create a U-XXX30 (Union View) base including the qualifiers you previously had on the XXX30 base. Note: Union View is the recommended mode of operation for Course Reserves, but, the creation of an XXX30PUB base is also possible: see KB 16384-27169 ("Implementing Course Reserves without Union View").
3. Change the ./www_f_lng/base-list* files to use this U-XXX30 (or XXX30xxx) base rather than the plain XXX30.
4. Restart the pc_servers and www_servers.
The program is doing a Word search of the Z11 using the base specified in tab_base.lng for the xxx30 library.
There have been other problems associated with the use of qualifiers on the physical library base. See KB's 8192-5751 ("STA index not working: wst search in GUI gives no results") and 5139 ("After adding 'Suppressed' to bib record, cannot see record in GUI").
"refresh" added for keyword searching of this KB.
Category: Course reading (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013