- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
What should be specified for the BATCH-DELETE lines in the ./xxx01/tab/check_doc in running "Delete Bibliographic Records Including Related ADM/HOL Records (manage-33)"? (The manage-33 Help section mentions these lines.)
The check routines for document deletion are defined in the check_doc table of the library's (xxx01's) tab directory under the BATCH-DELETE section. These lines will check for items, orders, etc. and give you a report of cases where there are such linked records, and not to delete them.
When there are no BATCH-DELETE checks, "Delete Bibliographic Records Including Related ADM/HOL Records (manage-33)" deletes the bib and all its associated ADM and HOL records without qualification..
The relevant routines are
check_doc_delete_hold (hold-requests) , and
It seems there are two possible workflows here:
* One in which you manually delete the items, orders, etc., linked to the doc prior to running and you have "Delete Bibliographic Records Including Related ADM/HOL Records (manage-33)" delete only the doc record -- in this case you would include all of the BATCH-DELETE check_doc_delete_xxxx lines noted above.
* And a second in which you have "Delete Bibliographic Records Including Related ADM/HOL Records (manage-33)" delete everything. In this case, you would include *no* BATCH-DELETE lines in the .xxx01/tab/check_doc table..
* Or, if these bib records should not have any orders, subscriptions, loans, or holds, you could have an "in-between" mode, where you would include these lines:
so that it will check just these cases, and, if these are OK, will delete the connected ADM, item, and HOL records.
There is no specific check for HOL records but as those records are linked by LKR routine check_doc_delete_lkr is valid for the check.
The article " p_manage_33 doesn't delete records even though BATCH-DELETE's are commented " (KB 16384-37633) describes another cause (aside from the BATCH-DELETE lines) of p_manage_33 being prevented from deleting records.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013