- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
Desired Outcome Goal:
How can recall and hold requests be deleted and can deleted requests be tracked?
Recall requests and hold requests can be deleted by an operator in the Circulation module or by batch jobs.
A. In the Circulation module, these requests can be deleted
1. in the User record "Hold Requests" display, by clicking "Delete"
2. in the "Requests -- Delete Hold Requests" function
* appears in the pc_server log as "pc_cir_c0427"
* allows for deletion of multiple holds at the same time
* has a separate permission "GLOBAL-HOLD-DELETE" in the Privileges/Access Rights
* all requests *up to* the date specified are deleted
B. 2 batch jobs delete requests:
1. Report / Delete Expired Hold Requests (cir-17)
2. Hold Shelf Report (cir-06) which has a "Delete current holds" option to delete hold requests for items which users have failed to pick up
C. To view deleted requests for a specific document, run util f/4/z37h (Requests History) and enter the document number.
The z37h_time will show the date and time that the deletion occurred.
Note: If z37h records have not been created for the deleted z37 (Requests) records, then it may be that they were deleted by an SQL command rather than by an Aleph process. As long as the tab100 CREATE-Z37H is set to "Y", an Aleph process will always create the z37h record.
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Hold requests (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013