- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
Do we need have to have wildcard lines ("########") in tab17, column 2?
tab17 has two purposes:
1. to prevent items from coming due on days (or, in the case of hourly loans, at times) when the library is closed;
2. when an "Open days" Fine Method (A, 1, 2, C, D, R) is specified in tab16, column 14, to omit closed days from the fine calculation.
In both cases, the program is looking for an open day or open days. If you don't have a wildcard for each day of the week, you can run into a situation:
* in loaning items, where the pc_server will loop in looking for an open day and never finding one;
* in returning items, the program looks for the first open day following the day the item was due, resulting in incorrect fine calculations -- see SKB 16384-4145 in this regard.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013