- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* GUI connection to pc_server works with numeric IP address ("dotted quad", such as, 12.34.567.89) in library.ini, but fails with fully-qualified domain name (hostname), such as, xxxxxx.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com: the message "Failed to read reply" (and/or "Password not verified on connectable hosts") occurs.
* No response to the failed transaction appears in the pc_server log.
1. Use the numeric IP address; or
2. Create a "CNAME" (an alias) which is 30 characters or shorter.
If a response to the transaction *does* appear in the pc_server log, search the Knowledge Base for the message you see or consult KB 8192-3916 ("'Failed to read reply' occurs in GUI [Master record]") instead.
- Article last edited: 3/2/2015