- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
No fine for hourly- loaned item returned after the grace period has expired.
Uncertain. See Resolution and Additional Information below.
None yet. Diagnostics have been added to the "call grace_date" sections of the ./com/get_cash_0003_current_fine and ./pc_cir/pc_return_item programs, for capture, should another similar case occur.
* Reserve Item loaned on Jan. 3 at 15:30 pm, due at the closing hour (17:00).
* Library open on Friday, Jan. 4; closed on Sat. Jan 5 and Sun Jun 6.
* Item returned at 8:15 on Mon. Jan. 7. tab16 grace days are 0 and grace hours are 3.
* Item receives no fine. (A z309, action 08, "Late return within grace period" is created.)
* But return date/time was *not* within the grace period and *should* have received a fine.
util f/2/10 in xxx50 shows the following:
Enter item barcode (Q to stop) : 32792022815926
Enter bor ID (Q to stop) : 20399
Enter bor status  (Q to stop) : 41
TAB16: XXX50 08 ## 41 + 00000000 00 + 0300 0300 04800 100 999 C + 00000000 + 0003 000 000 09 0000040.00 0000000000 0000000000 000 1 01
Enter due date (yyyymmdd or Q to stop) : 20130103
Enter due hour (hhmm or Q to stop) : 1700
Enter return date (yyyymmdd or Q to stop) : 20130107
Enter return hour (hhmm or Q to stop) : 0841
Enter recall due date  (yyyymmdd or Q to stop):
Fine is: 22.00
So it certainly seems that the item should have received a fine upon return and should not have been considered within the grace period.
The following SQL shows that the 001905598000020 item is the only such case:
xxx50@ALEPH20> select z36h_rec_key from z36h where z36h_loan_date = '20130103' and z36h_due_date = '20130103' and z36h_returned_date = '20130107';
**** Hit return to continue ****
Category: Circulation (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013