- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
How is the duration of active Z39.50 sessions calculated?
• The number of active z39.50 sessions is controlled by the Aleph basic license parameter MAX-Z39-USERS
• Each time a z39.50 client connects to the z39.50 server an available session is subtracted from the value defined in the MAX-Z39-USERS parameter
• When a z39.50 client's session sends no requests for two minutes, the session becomes idle and the MAX-Z39-USERS parameter increases by one session.
• If a session has become idle and the total number of MAX-Z39-USERS is in use, the client’s connection will close
• If the total number of MAX-Z39-USERS is not in use, the z39.50 server will keep a connection for one hour after becoming idle
• After one hour, the client's connection will close
Closure of a client’s connection does not affect the current count of available z39.50 sessions
Category: Z39.50 (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013