- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How do you enable a Syndetics link? (The Syndetics are the cover images, seen in the Full View in OPAC, and are based on the ISSN or ISBN field.)
To make the Syndetics link work you must have:
1. An ALEPH license that enables the Syndetics link. (The site needs to pay Ex Libris for the use of Syndetics with ALEPH.) The $alephe_tab/license file needs to have this line:
2. You must have this ICON line in xxx01/tab/edit_doc_999.eng:
## ICON D LIcon cover Y E W
3. You must establish a client code with the Syndetics company. Here are some of the necessary parameters (with sample values):
$client_code = 'bccls';.
$service = 'SC';.
$type = 'xw12';.
NOTE: In order to see in $LOGDIR the url that the system uses, you must have this value in $alephm_source/ext/syndetics.pl: my $debugging =1;.
4. You must add a line with the client code to www_server.conf:
setenv syndetics_client_code bccls
5. Also check if the path to perl is correct, in the first line of syndetics.pl. Again, this file is found when doing 'asm ext'..
6. The $HTTPD_PORT needs to be open to the Firewall.
7. In spite of Syndetics recommendation to use 'rw12', this line was preserved to make the link successful, in syndetics.pl:.
my $type = 'xw12';
To make the icon show up we needed to do these additional things:
a. Do 'asm ext';
b. Change the path of the perl program to correspond to the right path in the server's ./product/bin;
c. In syndetics.pl, change the client code, and not necessarily also the type, perhaps leave as xw12.
d. In the above file also change the link, to correspond to what syndetics indicate as their site.
e. Change debugging from 0 to 1, so that you can follow the www_server log, and see if the path is correct.
Restart the Web server and ue_01.
- Article last edited: 26-Jun-2016